Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hold onto your hats

I'm going to cram as much info into this blog as I can and STILL try and and make it to bed at a resonable hour...
My friend Mark calls blogging "shameless self promotion," and I can't help but think "Duh."  at least Mark's blog is about food and wine and stuff everyone appreciates.  Mark's blog has useful things like yummy recipes and wine recommendations (and believe me, he won't steer you wrong).  Mine is about me, me, me (and sometimes my family).  My life, my workouts, my bike, my fundraising (come on, send a donation!), me, me, me!  At least mine is proofread (most of the time) and generally grammatically correct, which is more than I can say for A LOT of the blogs out there.
Oh-well; I guess if you aren't interested, you don't have to read it.

Anyway...
My Fundraising is going well - I am 1/3 of the way there (can I get a whoo-hoo?), and I have a fabulous fundraising event coming up next month.  Stay tuned S. FL peeps, because you are invited to a fun-filled, family-friendly, festival of... wait for it... miniature golf!  That's right!  Mark your calendars to be in Downtown Delray Beach on April 21 at 6PM - yes, it's a Thursday night but the kids don't have school the next day.  I will have more info in my next posting.  I had hoped to post the actual flyer for the event, but apparently I had a copyrighted phrase on there (whoops), and I have to fix it.  Who knew that Putt-Putt was copyrighted?

Last time I offered to post my gory wreck photo (or not) based on which side voted with the most donations.  Well, the ayes have it.  You have spoken. So here you go...


Pretty, no?
Don't say I didn't warn you.  It's not too bad, actually.  The gash has mostly healed, thanks to the second skin-type bandage my MIL gave me, and the bruising has migrated down my leg and is now a lovely shade of yellow-green.  Still, I don't think I'll be modeling bathing suits anytime soon (okay, ever).
But, I was glad that the wreck happened when it did.  If it was a few weeks later, it would have happened to my NEW BIKE!!!
My new baby.  I haven't named her yet.  Any suggestions?
That would have been tragic.  I took the new girl out for a spin tonight with some friends on A1A.  We only rode about 16 miles, but it was a good ride.  I am not as fast as I hoped to be on the new bike, but I figure I just need time to adjust. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely faster, but I was kind of hoping to be lightning fast on the new lighter ride, but guess what?  Even brand new bikes, paid for in cash with money you have been shaving off your paycheck  for months still require you to do ALL the work (pedal, pedal, pedal)!  The nerve!

Just in case you want the specs, she's a Trek Lexa SLX, a step below full carbon, but soooo much better than the blue steel dinosaur I have been riding!  Yay!!
I promise that I will no longer brag about my new bike.  I am just so VERY excited!

I am off to bed, as the reasonable hour has passed, and it is getting into way too late for me.
I have to be up at 4:00 AM tomorrow to leave for the airport.  I am going to Charlotte for my "nephew's" Bar Mitzvah.  Isabella and I have a 7:15 flight tomorrow (ick), but it will all be worth it to hang out with my best buds from college for three whole days.
Can I get another whoo-hoo?

1 comment: